The Monthly Challenge for the next meeting is Still Life or Holiday Still Life. You can watch the PowerPoint presentation which I did in class to get some ideas and inspiration regarding the placement and lighting for your still life. Keep in mind the following when thinking about your still life:
- Find something that interests you to be the subject of your still life.
- Think about the layout of your objects. Remember that in a still life simple is better.
- Use lighting to emphasize the objects.
- Use objects in your still life that fit into a common theme. For example: kitchen utensils, fruit, dishes, flowers, vegetables etc. These are just arbitrary examples that I came up with.
- Try to use an artistic eye. Either by way of lighting or in post processing.
- Work on the composition. Watch the videos below to get some ideas.
- Think outside of the box.
Here are a couple of YouTube videos that may help: