JULY 14 WALKABOUT -- DOORS OPEN AURORA
Thank you to everyone who came on the Doors Open Aurora walkabout. Despite the fact that the vintage cars display (the main reason why the Guildwood Park walkabout was postponed) was quite a let down, the Hillary House tour and the Trumpeter Swan Gardens made up for it.
I have set up a "Doors Open Aurora -- July 14" heading under the Activities Gallery for people to post the photos they took during this walkabout. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got.
JULY 28 WALKABOUT ITINERARY
The July 28th walkabout will be to High Park and Roncesvalles, a wonderfully historic part of Toronto located in the west end. Both High Park and Roncesvalles are Toronto landmarks and represent an important part of Toronto's heritage. Here is the itinerary for this walkabout:
- Meet at Tim Horton's (304 Wellington Street East) at 9:30am -- the usual Tim Horton's located next to St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic School. For this particular walkabout it is very important to know who needs a ride down because parking at High Park is limited and it's probably best if we only take a few cars. I'm happy to drive so I'll be able to give a ride to as many people as would fit in my car. Again, I would appreciate it very much if people register online for this event so I can better gauge how many people will be there.
- After arriving at High Park (around 11:00 am) and parking the cars, we'll do a walkabout around High Park. There are many things to see and photograph here so I would estimate we would need about two hours.
- At the end of our walk around High Park it'll be time for lunch. There is a wonderful little cafe on Roncesvalles called the Butler's Pantry which is reaonsably priced and which makes some great lunch dishes.
- After lunch we can walk along Roncesvalles and enjoy the sights there. Again, there are quite a few photographic opportunities so it'll probably take a good hour or more.
- As we walk down Roncesvalles we can make our way down to the lake and enjoy the sights there.
- I would estimate that we will be ready to head back home between 4 and 5 pm.
If anyone has any suggestions or modifications they'd like to make to the above itinerary please say so by commenting below.
The next monthly challenge is Summer/Summer Fun. The category is all set up on the website and is ready to receive your images. Just be aware that there will not be a formal meeting in the library in August and that the Summer/Summer Fun images will be critiqued when we have the next meeting in September.