Just a reminder that the next meeting of the APL Camera Club is scheduled for Thursday March 26, 2015 between 7-9pm in the Lebovic Room of the Aurora Public Library.
The following items are on the agenda:
- Photographer of the Month – Fred Herzog
- The Photo Triangle Explained & Group Exercise – CameraSim
- Facebook Initiative (Announcement)
- Camera Club & Culture Days (Announcement)
- Message to Self Project (Angela Durante Dukat)
- Monthly Challenge Critique – One Thing, Three Interpretations
- Composition Tips – Steve McCurry
- Photo Exchange -- Doug Underwood, Ian Beck, William Varela, Rick Armstrong, Claire D'Aurore, James Hellard, Shannon Underwood, Rafael Payan, Ronen Grunberg, Barry Bridgeford
- Louie Schwartzberg – Spring Inspiration
The challenge for March is entitled "One Thing, Three Interpretations". The idea, essentially, is to find an object (it can be anything that you like) and interpret your object in three different ways. By interpretation I mean shoot the object from three different angles or perspectives so that you create a different sense of the object from each of the perspectives. You are perfectly free to accentuate and highlight your interpretations by cropping as well as applying digital post processing (i.e. use Photoshop or similar application) on your images.
There is just over a week left before the next meeting, so please submit your Monthly Challenge images ASAP.
The following video will give you a sense of what I'm looking for in this month's challenge.
Looking forward to seeing you all.