The next scheduled meeting of the APL Camera Club is March 30th, 2017 between 7-9pm in the Lebovic Room of the Aurora Public Library.
The following topics are on the agenda:
- Photographer of the Month -- Christopher Anderson
- Monthly Challenge -- Jumpology or Essence
- Exposure Triangle -- A hands-on workshop
- How to transform GIMP to Photoshop
There are two options for the Monthly Challenge -- Jumpology based on Philippe Halsman's photographs or Essence.
For the "Jumpology" option go out and photograph someone mid-jump. The goal here is to capture the action as well as the personality of the jumper. As Philippe Halsman said "when you ask a person to jump, his attention is mostly directed toward the act of jumping and the mask falls so that the real person appears."
The "Essence" option is wide-open. Go out and take a picture of something in an interesting way, a way that captures the "soul" of the thing. The image can be of anything that you want -- an object, a person, an animal -- it doesn't matter. The thing that you're striving for is capturing the essence of the thing, as you see it.
Please upload your images ASAP. As of today, only two people have uploaded something.
EXPOSURE TRIANGLE WORKSHOP
The Exposure Triangle workshop will be broken up into two parts:
1. I will do a quick lesson on the "Exposure Triangle".
2. Using your cameras you will get an opportunity to take some photographs using the exposure triangle and your camera's manual mode. The goal will be to familiarize people who are still not completely comfortable with the manual mode on how to use it effectively. It is my hope that those people who are more expert with their camera's manual mode will help teach those who have less expertise.
FOR THIS ACTIVITY YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR CAMERA, AS WELL AS AN OBJECT THAT YOU'D LIKE TO PHOTOGRAPH
If you have any questions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday.